Category: Community

Artists with their completed masterpieces. Front Row (LtoR): Jake, Caden, Abby, Seth; Back Row: Bella, Brad Price, Hunter, Reagan. (I hope I have the names in the right order.)

Spinning Art

When I was a kid one of the highlights of our family vacations was making spin art. It was at a miniature golf course and I remember putting a 6”x6” piece of paper down...

March of Dimes Chef’s Auction-Best of OBX

The glamour of a special evening at Duck Woods Country Club, the amazing food from ten of the finest Outer Banks chefs, the generosity of the Outer Banks community, all of it came together last...

The Magic of Music

Music is magic. There are times when voices lifted in song seem to bring us together as one. That magic happened last night at First Flight High School when the Naugatuck, CT High School...

Diving the Towers

You might liken Charles Hardy and his mates to a band of saltwater cowboys—free-spirited, free diving spear fishermen who head miles out to sea so they can dive down and hunt for fish around abandoned naval towers and deserted wrecks.

Stained glass boat from Sandy Briggman's class.

After Dark at All Saints

It’s Tuesday evening at All Saints Episcopal Church in Southern Shores and Chef Wes Stepp is in his element. At most times he’s the owner and executive chef of Red Sky Cafe in Duck,...

Coastal Federation Sponsors Cleanup

There is no way to know how many years the debris of the Outer Banks has been pushed to the marsh at the north end of Wanchese Harbor. It’s a small spit of land,...