Category: Community

25 Years in the Sun

By Kip Tabb –  Immersed in the day to day affairs of our lives, we give little thought to the passage of events around us. Then, you sit around an office and talk about...

Gardening In The Zone

By Mike Hayes –    Spring has sprung. With summer on the way, vine ripened tomatoes and Robert’s Ridge sweet corn are next for me, along with some freshly caught fish. We have had...

A Day In The Life of an Outer Banks Dolphin

By Jessica Taylor –  After five years of studying bottlenose dolphins in the Outer Banks, I have learned that many of their behaviors are as complex and meaningful as those of humans. Observing a...

The Sum of Our Lives

By Kip Tabb –      The sum of our lives is an extraordinary tale. Not by conscious design, certainly, yet the manner in which it grows does not change its importance. It is...

In Our Beer World

By Eric Reece It’s All About Style This spring I wrote about the emerging accessibility of a few lesser known styles of beer in North Carolina: Kolsch, Wit, and German Hefewiezen. While these styles...

Lowe’s Opens Its Doors in KDH

By Kip Tabb –  The Kill Devil Hills Lowe’s is finally open and ready for the public. Opening its doors for the first time today, Thursday, May 17, the home improvement megastore will bring...